1/07/2010

DAY1 - Charlottesville

I left the house around 5:30 am and left Los Angeles International Airport at 8:00 am. I arrived at Washington Dulles (DC) at 3:03 pm (took only 4 hours to fly across the continent!) and took a flight for Richmond at 5:00 pm. This time I was in the air for less than 20 minutes, arrived in Richmond, rented a car and drove down to Charlottesville. It's been only 5 months, but I got rusty with the way around and made two wrong turns to get home. Waiting for me was these people I dearly love, our next door neighbor (well, I hate to say, but it's our ex-next door neighbor to be precise).

Actually it was her birthday today. It was not very nice of me to make the birthday girl cook dinner for me, but it was SOOOO nice to see them. We chatted until 1:00 am, Virginia time (but it's only 10:00 pm for me, California time).